As a university gallery, managed and located within the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies, the UBC Okanagan Gallery is committed to a research mandate realized through: research-creation, exhibitions, performance, publications, permanent collection and acquisitions, curatorial studies and community-engaged programs, in the field of creative and critical studies.
UBC Okanagan Gallery’s goal is to exhibit, research, preserve and promote creative practices with a focus on equity, diversity, decolonial and intersectional practices. We seek to foster professional arts education and research which can be shared with both national and international audiences, and educational and artistic networks. We seek to engage the public on both local and global social issues through creative and research-based practices.
- Visiting Artist Series Returns for 2023
- David Doody’s “Maui Cowboys” joins the Public Art Collection
- 14 Not Forgotten memorial ceremony and For Future Matriarchs public art unveiling
- Do I Know You? Alumni Art Exhibition Opens September 19, 2022
- UBC Okanagan Gallery’s artist in residence Manuel Axel Strain opens art exhibition with performance
- Indigenous Art Intensive Celebrates its 10th Anniversary