The UBC Okanagan Art Gallery is committed to community-engagement in our programming. The gallery strives to create and maintain relationships with the greater public through exciting exhibitions, performances and publications. The gallery also offers public lectures and panel discussions and tours of the collection and exhibitions for visitors. Our artist in residence programs seek to introduce artists to the community through exhibitions, publications and public talks.
As the largest arts research institution in BC’s Interior, UBC Okanagan Art Gallery’s mission is to explore contemporary art and its intersections with other practices as a form of research that produces knowledge. We seek to raise awareness and encourage discourse in the field of contemporary art through our programming.
- Ramble On
- The ins and outs of Curating: What it means to be a curator and the growing public art collection
- Weaving Together, exhibition in the FINA Gallery
- New Whess Harman book launches this week
- The Circle Of Ubuntu – Celebrating the voices of BIPOC creatives
- The Future of Art Consumption – UBCO’s Virtual Art Gallery
FCCS Online Gallery
Explore works and creations within the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies’ virtual gallery.